Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thai Chicken Salad



 I just love delicious a recipe that I can put together in a hurry.  Time just always seems to be at a premium.  There is never enough time to get to everything.  So much for the lazy days of summer!  I'm busier than ever since school got out.  I've got 3 girls on 3 different soft ball teams with games and practices 4 days a week, a daughter in tennis camp, a son with a new landscaping job and another son I can't seem to get out of bed or off the couch (there's always one!).  I also have to try to keep my 4 year old busy.  Then add in weekly trips to the local water park or pool, keeping the garden weeded, helping grandma move and play dates.  We're  lucky we eat lately.

Enter this recipe.  It comes together in no time and everyone in my family loved it.  Even Boey, my 4 year old.  There aren't any specialty ingredients unless you count the soba noodles (which I didn't use anyway), just pantry staples.  The dressing was my favorite part.  I couldn't get enough of it.  And the leftovers tasted great on a roll for lunch the next day.  I tried to pretend that I didn't have 4 of them the next afternoon.  I really have no idea who could have eaten all the leftovers.  But there's no way it was me.  (wink, wink)  This dish is just simply delicious!

Thai Chicken Salad
Serves 4-6 

1 package (8 Oz. Package) Thin Soba Noodles (I used spaghetti noodles)  
2 cups Chicken, Shredded  
1 cup Carrot, julienned  or shredded
1 cup Broccoli Slaw Mix  (available in the produce department usually by the bagged salads)
1 Green Onion (chopped)  
1/4 cups Salted Peanuts, Chopped Roughly  
1/2 cups Fresh Parsley or cilantro, Chopped
   
FOR THE DRESSING:  

2-½ Tablespoons Creamy Peanut Butter  
2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar  
1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil  
1 Tablespoon Honey  
4 Tablespoons Soy Sauce  
1/8 teaspoons Red Pepper Flakes  
1 clove Garlic, Minced  
1/2 Lime, Juiced  
 
Cook the noodles according to the directions. Once they are done, drain, rinse under cool water and set aside.

Cut or shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces and place into a bowl. Add in the carrots, broccoli slaw mix, and green onion.

Mix up the dressing by whisking together all the ingredients. Adjust to your taste; if you want it hotter, add more red pepper flakes, or more lime, etc.

Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss. Garnish with the chopped peanuts and parsley.

Put a pile of noodles on a plate then heap some salad on top!


Source:  Tasty Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

print

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...